MINI CHOCOLATE-CHIP CHEESECAKES
Lowfat Cream Cheese - 1 pack (8oz), softened (brought to room temperature)
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Flour (All purpose) - 1/2 tbsp
Egg - 1
Semi-sweet Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup (as per taste)
Chocolate Graham Crackers - 1/2 cup, powdered (you could use Plain or Honey)
Margarine - 1/2 tbsp, melted
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper cups (no need to grease)
2) For the crust: Combine powdered graham crackers and melted margarine in a bowl (it will be powdery). Divide this mixture equally and press into base of paper cups. Refrigerate this while the filling is done.
3) For the filling: Beat softened cream cheese, sugar and flour till combined and fluffy. Add egg and beat again for a few minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Fill the muffin cups to the top with cream cheese mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes. (Don't let the tops crack). Remove, cool completely and then refrigerate for about 4-5 hours before serving.
- Melt half of the chocolate chips and beat into the cream cheese mixture before stirring in the remaining half.
- Skip the chocolate, add a swirl of raspberry or strawberry puree, sweetened with some sugar if necessary, after pouring the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups. Also substitute chocolate graham crackers with honey graham crackers.
- Make the crust with crushed Oreo cookies and add some chopped oreos to the creamcheese filling.